The Vice President of Business Development requires a driven, self-starter with a passion for the Solar Industry, and a desire to help take a fast-growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. The position will be located in the greater “Chicagoland” area in what is considered to be one of the fastest growing solar markets in the country. The VP of Business Development will be responsible for meeting the company’s annual development quota, and maintaining a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting the company’s sales objectives. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and participate in the solar (PV) industry.
- Lead the company’s solar development activities including fiscal year planning with senior leadership, building a local sales team and market presence.
- Assist in development, and consistently meet, quarterly and fiscal year goals. Maintain a robust pipeline of active opportunities that facilitates meeting the team and individual quarterly objectives.
- Develop a robust local network, including channel partners to accelerate business growth.
- Build credibility with “C-level” decision makers at potential customers as their trusted solar consultant. Differentiate Solect from the competition.
- Develop the strategy, and create professional sales proposals for RFP responses that position Solect to win.
- Implement Solect’s quarterly development & review process, and insure each team member has a personal development plan.
- Interface with Solect’s Marketing team to launch Campaigns, and build brand awareness.
- Responsible for post-installation follow-up to ensure satisfaction of customers.
- Maintain necessary reporting metrics in Salesforce.com.
- Contribute to the Executive Leadership Team in developing company strategy and goals.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong, demonstrated leadership skills. Previous experience building and leading a team in a dynamic, fast paced industry.
- Previous success selling large capital projects in the Solar PV industry
- Minimum five years of selling experience in complex capital sales
- Financial Acumen and experience selling to CFO and like financial decision makers
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Prefer a background in the Solar and/or Electrical Power Industry
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, self-directing and a team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work a variety of hours
- Collaborative style with internal and external customers
- Passion for green energy
- Computer savvy; prefer knowledge of SalesForce. Google and Microsoft applications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Human Resources at email@example.com