Vice President Business Development -Illinois
The Vice President of Business Development requires a driven, self-starter with a passion for the Solar Industry, and a desire to help take a fast-growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. The position will be located in the greater “Chicagoland” area in what is considered to be one of the fastest growing solar markets in the country. He/She will be responsible for meeting the company’s annual development quota, and maintaining a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting the company’s sales objectives. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and participate in the solar (PV) industry.
- Leading the company’s solar development activities including fiscal year planning with senior leadership, building a local sales team and market presence.
- Development of a robust local network, including channel partners to accelerate business growth.
- Meeting quarterly and fiscal year goals.
- Build credibility with potential clients as a trusted solar consultant.
- Presenting “C” level individuals and Business Owners Solect’s solar value proposition, gaining preferred status, and closing opportunities.
- Maintain a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting company and individual goals.
- Interface with Solect’s Marketing team to launch Campaigns, and build brand awareness.
- Responsible for post-installation follow-up to ensure satisfaction of customers.
- Ability to develop the strategy, and create professional sales proposals for RFP responses that position Solect to win.
- Diligently maintain necessary reporting metrics in Salesforce.com.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience selling to CFOs and like financial decision makers.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Comprehensive understanding of deal based finance concepts – Payback, Depreciation, Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – and how they apply to financial decision makers.
- Strong local network in the “Chicagoland” market with the ability to access key financial decision makers.
- Previous success selling large capital projects in the Solar PV industry.
- Minimum five years of selling experience in complex capital sales.
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated through past experience.
- Would like individual to have a technical background, preferably in the Solar Industry and/or Electrical Power.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Collaborative style with internal and external customers.
- Professional appearance.
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, self-directing and a team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Highly ethical and goal oriented.
- Willingness to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends.
- Computer savvy.
- Passion for green energy.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Employee must be able to walk customer’s property and/or roof which may include varying terrain.
- Employee must be able to carry up to 20 pounds of equipment, including solar analysis device, laptop, printer and binder.
- Must be able to travel by car up to 200 miles in a day.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Scott Howe, Partner | SVP, at firstname.lastname@example.org