Solect Energy, is currently seeking a full time Solar Design Technician/Site Assessor. The Solar Design Technician/Site Assessor’s key responsibilities are assessing existing site conditions at client’s properties, documenting existing electrical distribution equipment, meters, detailed roof measurements, assessing roof conditions, roof obstructions, overall site access and general property information to be uploaded upon completion through tools provided. Design technician/site assessor will assist internal design staff in creating preliminary designs, electrical one-line diagrams and panel schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct site assessments/site surveys for commercial & industrial properties
- Measure roof areas and other relevant details and documenting
- Accompany consultants on structural engineering evaluations
- Communicate site details to internal design team and assist in determining specific project requirements and related costs.
- Document existing electrical distribution equipment, meters, panels, and documenting through electrical one-line sketches to be provided to internal design team
- Create preliminary electrical one-line diagrams and panel schedules
- Execute designs that conform to NEC compliance and permitting requirements
- Assist internal operations team in developing material lists and estimates
Required Skills & Knowledge
- 3-5 years electrical experience in 3-phase C & I projects or 2-year degree in electrical design or related field. Past solar experience required.
- Knowledge in electrical design concepts
- Experience in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Experience working with Helioscope PV design software a plus.
- Experience with, or ability to read electrical design schematics drawings.
- Quality oriented with attention to detail
- Professional and personable demeanor and willingness to interact with clients and regulatory officials.
- Technical ability in the construction industry and understanding of construction related means and methods.
- Comfortable with heights on accessing roofs. Ability to handle 32-foot extension ladder
- Flexibility in roles within organization and dedicated to continued professional development
- Electrician’s license, NABCEP certification a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Human Resources at HR@solect.com.