The Senior Director of Business Development is a position requiring a driven, self starter with a passion for the Solar Industry, desiring to help take a fast growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. This position will be based out of our headquarters in Hopkinton, Massachusetts. The Senior Director, Business Development will be responsible for meeting their annual development quota, maintaining a robust “funnel” of active opportunities, efficiently managing the sales process, building referral relationships and networking within the prospect marketplace.
- Meet quarterly and fiscal year sales goals.
- Maintain a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting individual goals.
- Build credibility “C” level individuals and Business Owners at potential clients as their trusted solar consultant. Differentiate Solect from the competition.
- Network proactively, develop a robust business referral and channel partner network that multiplies the sales effort.
- Demonstrate leadership with the sales team and external partners to assist Solect in closing opportunities and improving effectiveness.
- Develop the strategy, and create professional sales proposals for RFP responses that position Solect to win.
- Maintain necessary reporting metrics in Salesforce.com.
- Responsible for post-installation follow-up to ensure satisfaction of customers.
- Contribute to the Executive Leadership Team in developing company strategy and goals.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous success selling large capital projects in the Solar PV industry
- Minimum five years of selling experience in complex capital sales
- Financial Acumen and experience selling to CFO and like financial decision makers
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Prefer a background in the Solar and/or Electrical Power Industry
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, self-directing and a team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work a variety of hours
- Collaborative style with internal and external customers
- Passion for green energy
- Computer savvy; prefer knowledge of SalesForce. Google and Microsoft applications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Human Resources at email@example.com