Market Development Specialist (MDS)
Solect is currently seeking a part or full-time Market Development Specialist (MDS) who has a primary role of initiating contact with prospective new customers via cold calls, email, and email drip campaigns. This is an Inside Sales role and will be based at our Kansas City, MO or Hopkinton, MA offices. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated, articulate hunter, laser focused on new client acquisition. He/She will be a driven, self-starter with a passion for the solar industry and the desire to propel a fast-growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. The position requires an individual who has a strong focus on cold calling, lead generation, data research, and close client contact. The role requires initiating contact with Business Owners (Owner/Operator) C-Level contacts and Executive Directors in the Non-Profit space. We work with organizations in commercial/industrial, municipal, and institutional markets including private/public schools, cities/towns, and for profit and non -profit entities. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and participate in the solar (PV) industry from the ground up.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual Qualified Prospect goals.
- Attend the daily MDS Morning Stand Up, and know the status of your daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly production and where you stand as a percent to goal. Be accountable for your results, and be prepared to discuss your shortfalls in a group or individual setting. Additionally, participate in the weekly MDS Sales Meeting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all technology and tools including Salesforce, Google Apps, Salesloft and all others as instructed, in conjunction with their outreach activities.
- Possess comfort and proficiency in the Solect Energy value proposition aka the “Elevator Pitch”. Be able to articulate the benefits of solar, including investment tax credits, depreciation, payback, and the levelized cost of energy – as well as maintain working knowledge of various state or utility specific incentive programs.
- Prospecting and Qualifying: During the cold calling process, an MDS is expected to set a meeting with key decision makers; ideally Owner/Operator, CEO, CFO, COO in the commercial space or Executive Director/Board Members in the nonprofit sector. The details of the meeting are to be well documented in Salesforce in accordance with QP Policy. For example, utility bills (12 months), square footage, appetite for tax credit, etc.
- All MDS team members must achieve 90% to goal or higher in the performance goals.
- An inherent “make it happen” as well as “hunter and hustle” mentality
- Ability to evangelize and articulate the company’s vision and values to all key stakeholders with a prospect
- Maintain detailed knowledge of overall energy markets including solar, energy efficiency, and energy intelligence platforms. This also includes the competitive landscape and the federal and state incentive programs
- Required to choreograph senior level on site meetings for their BDM (Business Development Manager – Field Sales Rep) as well as remote meetings when applicable via Google Hangouts, Citrix GoToMeeting, etc.
- Strong business and financial acumen: comprehensive understanding of deal based financing concepts – Capital Purchase, Payback, Internal Rate of Return (IRR), and Depreciation.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, but at the same time be able to take direction from Sales Management.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 1 year of Inside Sales experience in a measured production environment; specifically daily calls, monthly appointments or other relevant criteria
- Preferred – but not mandatory – knowledge of the energy markets; capital improvement energy projects, energy solutions, energy hardware, energy software, or energy management services in the commercial / industrial markets
- Salesforce.com “Pro” & Tech savvy with Google Apps, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Bill Mirabile, VP of Business Development – Commercial & Industrial, at email@example.com