Solect is currently seeking a part-time Market Development Specialist (MDS) who has a primary role of initiating contact with prospective new customers via phone and email. This is an Inside Sales role allowing individuals to work from home or our headquarters in Hopkinton, MA. Hours can be flexible, although hours worked must be performed during normal business hours. Commitment is 20 – 30 hours per week. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, articulate, engaging, and laser focused on new client acquisition. He/She will be a driven, self-starter with a passion for the solar industry and the desire to propel a fast-growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. We work with organizations in commercial/industrial, real estate, non-profit, and public markets. The role requires initiating contact with real estate owners, business executives, and non-profit executives. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and participate in the exciting solar (PV) industry and to make a positive contribution to the environment. Compensation is hourly plus commissions for qualified meetings set and executed contracts. Qualified individuals can make significant income while having the time and flexibility to be there for their family.
- Engage prospects with a positive attitude and high energy
- Set on-site meetings for Solect’s Business Development Managers as well as remote conference calls when applicable. Keep lines of communication open w/BDM’s around qualified meetings through notes, calendar updates, etc.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual Qualified Prospect goals
- Attend occasional sales and training meetings in Hopkinton, MA
- Utilize Solect’s business systems efficiently including Salesforce.com, Google Apps, HubSpot and all others as instructed, in conjunction with outreach activities.
- Possess comfort and proficiency in the Solect Energy value proposition, aka the “Elevator Pitch.” Be able to articulate the benefits of solar, including investment tax credits, depreciation, incentives, and payback – as well as maintain working knowledge of various state and utility specific incentive programs.
- Qualify prospects consistent with Solect’s qualification parameters in order to set meetings with high quality prospects.
- An inherent “make it happen” as well as “hunter and hustle” mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to react quickly and accurately to objections (i.e., fast on your feet).
- Ability to evangelize and articulate the company’s vision and values to all key stakeholders with a prospect
- Professionally persistent, polite, and self-confident enough to brush off the occasional impolite prospects
- Maintain detailed knowledge of overall energy technology including solar and energy storage. This also includes the competitive landscape and federal and state incentive programs
- Strong business and financial acumen: comprehensive understanding of deal-based financing concepts – Capital Purchase, Loans, Leases, Payback, Internal Rate of Return (IRR), and Taxes.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, but at the same time be able to take direction from Sales Management.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of Inside Sales experience; specifically daily calls, monthly appointments or other relevant criteria
- Preferred – but not mandatory – knowledge of the energy markets and/or selling large capital improvement projects
- Tech savvy with prior knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn Salesforce.com, Google Apps, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Karan Foster, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org