The Director, Business Development Manager (BDM) requires a driven, self-starter with a desire to join a fast-growing Solar Development firm and help them achieve regional prominence. The position is located in the greater “Chicagoland” area in what is considered to be one of the fastest growing solar markets in the country. The BDM’s primary role is to grow sales for the company through maintaining a robust “funnel” of active opportunities, efficiently managing the sales process, building referral relationships and networking within the prospect marketplace.
- Meet quarterly and fiscal year sales goals.
- Maintain a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting individual goals.
- Build credibility with “C-level” decision makers at potential customers as their trusted solar consultant. Differentiate Solect from the competition.
- Network proactively, develop a robust business referral and channel partner network that multiplies the sales effort.
- Engage with the local Solect team throughout the sale cycle for design, proposal and contract support, and build your “solar acumen”.
- Maintain necessary reporting metrics in Salesforce.com.
- Responsible for post-installation follow-up to ensure satisfaction of customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong local network in the C&I “Chicagoland” market with the ability to access “C-level” key financial decision makers
- Financial Acumen: comprehensive understanding of deal based financial concepts and how they apply to financial decision makers
- Previous success selling large capital projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Prefer a background in the Solar and/or Electrical Power Industry
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, self-directing and a team player
- Strong presentation skills, with strong communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work a variety of hours
- Collaborative style with internal and external customers
- Passion for green energy
- Computer savvy; prefer knowledge of SalesForce. Google and Microsoft applications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org