Business Development Executive
Solect is currently seeking a full-time Business Development Executive to help meet the company’s main sales objectives. The ideal candidate will be a driven, self-starter with a passion for the Solar Industry, desiring to help take a fast growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. He/she will be responsible to meeting an annual quota, and maintaining a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting the company’s sales objectives. The position requires the ability to manage a large volume of projects while demonstrating excellent communication. The ability to work independently in a fast paced environment is a key to success in this role. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and participate in the solar (PV) industry from the ground up.
The Business Development Executive will be a driven, self-starter with a passion for the Solar Industry, desiring to help take a fast growing Solar Development firm to regional prominence. He/she will be responsible to meeting an annual quota, and maintaining a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting the company’s sales objectives.
- Build credibility with potential clients as a trusted solar consultant.
- Presenting “C” level individuals and Business Owners Solect’s solar value proposition, gaining preferred status, and closing opportunities.
- Meet quarterly and fiscal year goals.
- Maintain a robust “funnel” of active opportunities that facilitates meeting your goals.
- Proactive networker, responsible for generating a robust business referral network.
- Utilize online tools and conduct site evaluations to develop an initial system design.
- Responsible for post-installation follow-up to ensure satisfaction of customers.
- Creating professional sales proposals.
- Diligently maintain necessary reporting metrics in Salesforce.com.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum three years of experience selling/developing selling commercial solar PV projects.
- Demonstrated success developing a book of business that exceeds 5MWs.
- Financial acumen and experience selling to CFOs and like financial decision makers.
- Previous success selling large capital projects.
- Strong technical background in solar industry solutions and electrical power.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Collaborative style with internal and external customers.
- Professional appearance.
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, self-directing and a team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Highly ethical and goal oriented.
- Willingness to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends.
- Computer savvy.
- Passion for green energy.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Employee must be able to walk customer’s property and/or roof which may include varying terrain and climbing ladders.
- Employee must be able to carry up to 20 pounds of equipment, including solar analysis device, laptop, printer and binder.
- Must be able to travel by car up to 200 miles in a day.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing relevant experience and qualifications, along with a resume to Scott Howe, VP of Sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org.